To live healthy and combat some health issues it’s important to incorporate running or a few minutes of brisk walking to your weekly activities. Most people are finding it beneficial to use their smartwatches to keep track of their activity levels. You might be surprised how inactive you have been once you start wearing a fitness tracker. Smartwatches are wearable computers that come in different shapes, colors and offer a wide variety of functionalities for various purposes other than timekeeping. A smartwatch provides an extension to your smartphone to link up certain features to your smartwatch. Other than that smartphones are fitted with different sensors that are useful for health and fitness tracking including GPS, heart rate monitoring and step counting. A smartwatch is a great way for you to stay sporty and healthy especially if you are still trying to achieve your new year’s resolution to stay fit. Here are some of the key benefits of smartwatches for fitness tracking.
Work towards goals tailor-made for you
As your fitness tracker, the smartwatch provides realistic goals, tips, and workouts that you have set for yourself. Whether your goal is to take a thousand steps every day or run a marathon, your smartwatch will enable you to reach your goals in no time.
It keeps tracking even when you sleep
Sleep is instrumental in determining both your lifestyle and health. A good night sleep can reduce depression and stress, improve your concentration and memory power as well as improve your overall health. Most people are pre-occupied at night on their phones and laptops and completely forget bedtime. Wearing your smartwatch reminds when its time to go to bed providing you with a conventional sleep routine. You can also track the quality of your sleep based on your sleeping movements.
Monitors your heart rate
If you are a workout beginner, monitoring your heart rate using your smartwatch is a great way to workout at the right intensity. Exercising with your heart rate zone target ensures that you are burning your desired amount of calories without hurting yourself. Monitoring your heart rate also helps you make the most progress out of some workouts.
Pushes you to reach your goals.
Your smartwatch will track your progress and goals. It gives you visual progress on a daily basis that encourages to sustain your fitness goals. You can set new fitness goals every day that challenge you to surpass your previous achievements. Using a fitness tracker can increase your activity levels. Your smartwatch also sends you reminders and notifications when your activity level diminishes.
There are various fitness tracking features available on smartwatches for all your necessities including weight loss tools. Start and stick to a healthy routine by getting a smartwatch.
Here is are some smartwatch options:
Best Smartwatches For Fitness Tracking:
Fitbit Charge 3
The Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness and Heart Rate Activity Tracker comes in black and grey. The large Wristband fits a 7.1 -8.7 inches’ wrist circumference while the small wristband fits a 5.5-7.1 wrist circumference. Its Special Edition Versions feature a Fitbit pay tag allowing you to checkout without your purse or wallet as well as an extra band
- Fitbit Charge 3 offers more than 15 exercise modes including yoga, swimming, and circuit training.
- Water resistant and swim proof up to 50M. The Fitbit Charge 3 is one of the best smartwatches for swimming.
- Stay connected through apps, call and text notifications as well as receive updates from weather apps.
- It tracks fitness goal progress by measuring calorie burn, monitors heart rate 24/7, sleep and so much more.
- The Fitbit Charge 3 offers a bigger screen making it easier to read fitness data on the device without being heavy on the wrist.
- It has an excellent battery life considering all the feature it provides.
- Fitbit Charge 3 provides information about a wide variety of physical activities. Wear it without concern during all workout modes.
- There is a delay, and sometimes the Charge 3 doesn’t display texts, calendar reminders and other notifications from the smartphone.
- There are some problems experienced when synching and connecting the Fit Charge 3 to a smartphone.
Garmin Vívosport Smart Activity Tracker
The slate colored activity tracker come in small and medium sizes. It’s fitted with an array of fitness monitoring tools and handy connected features making it one of the best Smartwatches for fitness tracking. The tracker fits a 4.8-7.4 inches’ circumference wrist
- Vivosport features built-in GPS, you can accurately track your outdoor activities.
- It features fitness monitoring tools such as fitness made estimates and Vo2 Max.
- Vivosport has stress tracking which helps you to keep in touch with the responses your body provides under potential stressors.
- It has a slim profile and features a color Garmin Chroma display that is always on.
- Get Live Track, smart notifications, and other connected features.
- Depending on your mode of usage, Vivosport has a great battery life. In smartwatch mode, the activity tracker has 7-day battery life and approximately 8 hours of battery life in GPS mode.
- Vivosport normally automatically tracks activities such as sleep, calories burned, steps, intensity minutes and floors climbed.
- Even though Vivosport is waterproof, it has no swim modes.
- Sometimes Vivosport is buggy and doesn’t perform well in automatic exercise tracking like on gym workouts.
Samsung Gear Sport
Samsung Gear Sport is a good activity tracker with smartwatch features. It’s one of the top versatile-health centric activity trackers within its price range.
- Samsung Gear Sport features a rotating bezel interface with an always-on AMOLED display.
- Runs on a Tizen-based wearable platform which is the latest operating system
- There is a wide range of watch faces and straps for a more fashionable look.
- Great in tracking diet and health goals. It’s easier to keep your calories in balance by tracking your calories intake on your Samsung gear sport.
- Samsung Gear Sport is water resistant up to 50M.
- Attend calls, store and listen to music without using your smartphone.
- It’s comfortable and lighter in weight.
- Its compatible with Samsung Pay making it convenient to shop without a purse or wallet
- Circular touchscreen and scroll wheel easy to use
- Samsung Gear Sport’s battery life is only 4 hours.
- Its sleep tracker is sometimes unreliable.
- Most of Samsung Gear Sport apps are only available through Tizen which only provides limited options.
Garmin Forerunner 645
Garmin Forerunner 645, is designed for runners and features performance monitoring tools and running dynamics to help you refine your performance as a runner.
- Offers advance running dynamics including stride length, ground contact time balance, vertical ratio and so much more.
- Make payments conveniently using Garmin Pay.
- Enjoy connected features such automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, smart notifications, and Live Track.
- 12 hours’ battery life on GPS mode and up to 7 days in smartwatch mode.
- Garmin Forerunner 645 uses wrist-based heart rate for its monitoring features.
- Customize your watch with apps and free watch faces.
- Forerunner 645 provides advanced running features because it can provide important running metrics which you can use to analyze your performance.
- You can track your running, cycling or walking sessions using the built-in GPS. The heart rate sensor has both GLONASS and GPS support for more accurate distance measurement.
- Garmin Forerunner 645 should have a better battery life.